Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Critique on classmate

Proposition 1, which was written by a fellow classmate, discusses a "Rainy Day Fund" and how it should be used to pay for two-year public colleges. I agree with his claim that this would help remove the barriers students face in obtaining degrees and jobs. Most students that go to college, whether it be a two-year or four-year, end up facing debt for a few years in their lives. Some people get more scholarships than others but still end up having some kind of debt. I slightly disagree when my classmate says that the original use of Proposition 1 wouldn't work. The money in Proposition 1 is meant to be used for roads and other transportation related issues and my classmate says that Proposition 1 will in no way relieve congestion. I think that traffic is definitely a major issue in Austin and I think that a billion dollars would do some sort of good on our traffic issues, but I also think that there are better ways to use this money. I think maybe that the money set aside in this fund could be used for both issues, student tuition as well as traffic problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment